Isoproterenol Enhances Tumor Necrosis Factor-Related Apoptosis-Inducing Ligand-Induced Apoptosis in Human Embryonic Kidney Cells through Death Receptor 5 up-Regulation > REFERENCE LIBRARY

본문 바로가기
커뮤니티

[EZ-Western serise] Isoproterenol Enhances Tumor Necrosis Factor-Related Apoptosis-Inducing Ligand-Induced Apoptosis in …

최고관리자
2017-05-12 16:09 6,705 0

본문

년도
제품명
EZ-Western serise
학술지명
Korean Circulation Journal

Abstract

Background and Objectives

Chronic impairment of β-adrenergic receptor signaling increases cardiac apoptosis, hypertrophy and fibrosis. The aim of this study was to investigate whether isoproterenol (ISO), an agonist of the adrenergic receptor, can enhance tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL)-induced apoptosis in human embryonic kidney (HEK) 293 cells.

Materials and Methods

HEK 293 cells were treated with ISO and/or TRAIL for 24 hours. Cell viability was evaluated by microscopy and an established viability assay, and apoptotic cell death was analyzed by staining with fluorescein isothiocynate-annexin-V/propidium iodide (PI) and caspase activation. To confirm the mechanism of cell death induced by co-treatment with ISO and TRAIL, expression of TRAIL receptor 2 (death receptor 5, DR5) was evaluated by immunoblotting.

Results

Although ISO or TRAIL treatment decreased HEK 293 cell viability by 13% and 17%, respectively, co-treatment with ISO and TRAIL resulted in a markedly higher death rate of 35% after 24 hours. Increases were evident in early apoptotic cells (i.e., annexin-V positive/PI negative; 19.4%), late apoptotic cells (i.e., annexin-V positive/PI positive; 6.3%) and dead cells (i.e., annexin-V negative/PI positive; 1.1%) when cells were co-treated with ISO and TRAIL, compared to cells treated with either ISO or TRAIL. In addition, marked increases of cleaved cas-3, cleaved poly (adenosine diphosphate-ribose) polymerase and DR5 were observed in HEK 293 cells co-treated with ISO and TRAIL.

Conclusion

Treatments combining ISO with TRAIL may be responsible for death of HEK 293 cells through DR5 up-regulation. Activation of adrenergic receptors is responsible for the synergistic cell death observed with TRAIL.

댓글목록0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.
카카오톡
이메일
견적/제품문의
샘플신청
게시판 전체검색